Earn crypto by putting up pet pics
A feed full of pet pictures. Yes, it’s only pets 🐶
Only pets! - Post your pets pics and earn crypto
Pets are so lovely and we all love them. How about a feed full of them. Best part? Earn crypto for posting them...
Humans love their pets
In fact, evolution has proof of this love. The first dogs evolved from wolves that were domesticated over thousands of years. Human love and affection essentially created a new species.
However, this love has not been equally spread out. Far from it. For every golden retriever or Persian cat that is fed and sheltered, there are a hundred thousand abandoned pets barely scraping through the day.
Human-dog relationship - a historical perspective | Boehringer Ingelheim
Where has this bond between humans and dogs come from? And do you know about the disease that changed that developing…
Every day, I keep seeing stories, reels, and Whatsapp messages from friends saying that they have an animal up for adoption. And while I’d want to add all of them to my household to join my dog, Sudo… practical realities come in the way.
As a dog owner, I know that owning a pet takes space, resources and time. And for a few dog shelters in every city to take care of several hundred thousand abandoned pets all by themselves is unreasonable. Resources eventually run out and the pets have to be let go or change hands. Even donating to a shelter is not a permanent solution because with most shelters there’s no transparency about how much of the donation is used for what purpose.
But speaking of ownership and the internet…
Why Web 3 is a gamechanger
With Web3, I believe we can solve the biggest issues stopping people from donating to their favorite animal shelter. With the right project, we can ensure
- Transparency- We can track every step of the process from donation to usage of funds
- Crowdfunding- Multiple owners can pay as much or as little as they want for the pets they adopt
- Online Show of Support — All donators will be rewarded with a custom digital avatar/collectible, that they can use to showcase their support for a good cause
4. Increased adoption of Web 3- People will get to participate in more real-world implications of Web 3. It will go from just a way to sell JPEG’s online to solving an IRL problem.
The Vision for the Platform
In a few simple steps, this is how I see the final version of the platform filling the holes in the current animal donation process-
- An abandoned pet is rescued and dropped off at an animal shelter
- A picture of the animal is minted as an NFT and posted on the platform
- Pet lovers from all over the world contribute to own a part of the NFT
- Transactions trigger for the pledged amounts after a specified time (auction time)
- The funds are transferred to the shelter. Contributors become fractional owners of the NFT
- The exact information of how the funds are being used is recorded
And the roadmap to get to this pet-friendly utopia?
We want to create an ecosystem of pet lovers, adopters and caretakers. The future of adopting pets should be as easy as buying a share of an NFT and knowing exactly how your funds are being used.
The first phase is to gather a critical mass of pet lovers and early adopters while we establish connections with existing caretakers, rescuers and animal shelters. To encourage adoption and incentivize our early supporters we are giving away free tokens to everyone who posts their pet pictures and engage on the platform.
I will be writing more articles in the future around pets, Web3 and design. If you liked this read and would like to stay updated don’t forget to subscribe 🙏